1. Build a visual DoView of your program
Click inside the web page version of the DoView below. Tips for building DoViews here.
2. Prioritize the boxes within your visual model
The boxes below have been prioritized - A, B, C. BAU (Business As Usual can also be used) for the next planning period (e.g. a year).
3. Work up a list of projects - what you are actually going to 'do'?
Put in a box for each project, activity (or whatever you call the things you are actually going to do).
4. Link projects to the step(s) they're focused on and check for 'line-of-sight'
Link projects to the boxes they're focused on using DoView's easy Cross-Page Linking. The number of projects focused on each box will show as the small count number at the bottom of each box.
5. Add any additional pages
E.g. slides with bullet points; information on the way the program will be managed; risk management.
6. Use your visual strategic plan for monitoring and evaluation
All your monitoring, evaluation, performance management and reporting work can be done on your DoView. more.
7. Further Resources
- Watch the Sea Change Climate Change Community of Practice webinar on monitoring and evaluation for a climate change program more.
- Edit, and play around with, the DoView of the example program above by downloading a trial version of DoView here. Then download the DoView file itself here.
- For collaborative cross-sector work see a general example here.
- For a Foundation/Funder wanting grantees to focus on particular outcomes see a general example here.
- Read or post on the DoView Linkedin Community of Practice,
- Or email us directly.
Download the DoView free trial now.