It is based on using a visual logic model of the strategies of what can be done in a particular community as part of our logic-model based strategic planning process. The visual model is used to both plan and implement the intervention. We've been involved in 20 communities in 6 states in the US teaching community-level workers how to build these models using DoView software. Communities have many ideas about what potentially could be done within their community to solve alcohol problems. DoView allows us to quickly set these out in a visual format.'
Science-based community interventions are ones that are based on the research evidence regarding what does, and what does not, work.
The most interesting question, however, is how to develop ways of working with communities that can ensure that the science of what is known about dealing with community problems is translated into on-the-ground community level interventions.'
Dr Harold Holder
DoView's flexibility and easy of use allows us to do this work in a much shorter time-frame than would be possible using tranditonal methods. We use DoView's user-friendly features to make sure that everyone is clear about which strategies they are going to focus on. For instance, we use color coding to gray out the strategies that they are not going to focus on so as to to highlight their priorities going forward.
It's a really brilliant community planning tool developed by people who know about the practicalities of community and groups planning processes.
Click through our DoView example below to see how we use DoView.'
Harold Holder, PhD.
Teaching communities how to use science in community problem prevention. Case study and DoView example.
Click through one of the DoViews Dr Holder has created for use in the work he describes above - edit and play around with it by downloading the DoView file (install DoView then click on Download the DoView file of this model at the bottom of the model).
DoView solves problems in community-level health and social problem prevention.
Have you ever wanted?
- To discuss and communicate what is being done in a community intervention in a much faster way?
- To have a quick and easy way of communicating with funders about community programs and their impact?
- To provide communities with information about evidence-based strategies but also wanted to let them detail how they are going to implement these within their own particular community setting?
- A way of documenting the details of the types of strategies being deployed in different settings within a multi-site community intervention?
- To use a visual approach to community intervention planning that can also be used for monitoring and evaluating impact.
Build more accessible, easily communicated visual strategic plans, logic models, monitoring, evaluation and performance management plans in half the time. Use DoView to: plan your community problem-prevention work; implement it; make all your presentations on it; as a knowledge management tool; and to report your results.
DoView - Life's short. Get visual. Get faster.