A series of 'How-To Guides' for DoView users. The first one answers the question 'What's a DoView outcomes (results) model and why should I use one? More will follow.
An Outcomes DoView is the new, more effective way of doing all of you thinking and planning about you projects, organizations, collaborations or coalitions. In the past, if you were planning a project, doing organizational planning, or working on a collaboration, you'd do a number of different separate things, including: strategic planning; priority setting; identifying gaps and overlaps in your activities (or projects); working out who should be doing what; tracking how you're progressing; thinking about how you should evaluate what you're doing; thinking about how to discuss what you're accountable for with your funders, and trying to quickly explain what you're trying to do to your busy and overloaded stakeholders. …
Traditional strategic planning - long text and table documentation - is dead
Use DoView® Visual Strategic Planning to:
- Immediately 'see' what you're trying to do
- Communicate faster with staff, stakeholders, management, funders
- Check for visual 'line-of-sight' between priorities and activities.
- Turn on a dime - change your priorities fast as circumstances change in this uncertain world
- Do your annual (or more frequent) planning quicker - just tweak your priorities directly onto your visual strategic plan
Publish DoView webpage models (created within DoView) in a matter of minutes using Dropbox Pro (This costs $9.99 per month, you can for Dropbox Pro at http://dropbox.com).
1. Install Dropbox from Dropbox.com. It will show new folders in your normal file and folder list. Activate the 'public' option to have a folder that anyone can look at.
2. Use File > Create Web Page Model and save to the Public folder of your Dropbox in your file and folder list.
3. Go to the Public folder of your Dropbox and Right-Click on the filename.html file DoView just created and select Dropbox > Copy Public Link. Paste this in your browser.
Wait a minute or two and you will be able to see the webpage version of your DoView model. You can share this link with anyone so they can also see it.
A webpage version of a DoView model looks like the one below. If you have selected the option when you created the file - people can click on ‘Download the DoView file of this model’ and get a copy of the DoView file that created the webpage version.